Popponesset Beach Rules and Regulations
1. Beach flags to be used at all times, for identification when using the Popponesset beaches. No photocopies or pictures permitted
2. Swim at your own risk. There are no lifeguards on the Popponesset beaches.
3. Please remove your trash from the beaches. Barrels at beach entrances for beach trash only.
4. Alcoholic beverages and all smoking or vaping are not allowed on the beaches at any time.
5. Overnight sleeping is not allowed on the beaches. $50.00 fine, per Town of Mashpee.
6. Storage on beach of furniture, inflatables, catamarans, kayaks, paddleboards or personal belongings is not permitted on Popponesset beaches. Sunfish allowed against walls but must not be tied or locked to PBA stairs. FOR PBA homeowners only.
7. Kites, ball playing, on the beaches is allowed after 5 PM. No drone flying, uncontained open fires, cooking or camping are allowed on the beach anytime. Fishing rules – see website.
8.Motorboats and water skiers must operate a safe distance ,150 feet from the shoreline. Motorboats cannot be launched from bathing beaches.
9. Dogs/pets not allowed on the beach at any time, even with a leash, per Town of Mashpee Law. Report any violations to the Mashpee Animal Control Officer (508-539-1442).
10.There is a 10 PM noise curfew in Popponesset.
11. Automobiles and Golf carts. Drivers must observe a speed limit of 15 MPH.. Golf carts require caution & compliance with all Massachusetts laws. No motor vehicles allowed on beaches.
12. Bikes, etc. – All riders should wear helmets when using bikes, rollerblades, etc. Remind children to stop at STOP signs/intersections. Pedestrians/Drivers please use caution.
13. NO DROP OFFS at beaches at any time and No on street parking. Parking with two wheels on lawn permitted with PBA Sticker only. Unauthorized vehicles will be subject to towing at vehicle owner’s expense.
14.. Fisherman’s Landing will be limited to 6 vehicles for MA Licenses Fishermen Only from 5am to 9:30pm. A Fisherman’s License to be displayed on the vehicle dashboard when parked at the Fisherman’s Landing. Between the hours of 9:30pm and 5am, parking for a Licensed Fisherman will be made available at the Community House provided Licensed Fisherman have displayed their Massachusetts Fishing License or a copy of their Massachusetts Fishing License/notified PBA. Parking Permits for MA Licensed Saltwater Fisherman with Permits available from PBA. Violators will be Towed.
15. PBA requests construction work start no earlier than 7:30am and end no later than 6 PM.
16. Please be advised that vista pruning on property bordering wetlands requires the prior approval of the Mashpee Conservation Commission. Any work on property abutting roads or PBA property is the property owner’s responsibility to determine boundary lines and gain appropriate approvals before proceeding with work.
17.Beach Curfew - there is a 10:00pm noise curfew on PBA Beach and dusk on the Spit , violaters wil be remove by Amity Security and Mashpee Police.
18. Sail Boat Registration- please complete registration for sailboats stored on beach.